TL 9000 - Quality Management in Telecommunications.
Business Development Manager, Southeast Asia
Already know what you are looking for?Request for quote
We offer both certification and training for TL 9000 - Quality Management in Telecommunications. Find an upcoming course in your country or request for a certification quote.
TL 9000 is built on ISO 9001 Quality Management System standard. It was developed by the global members of the Quality Excellence for Suppliers of Telecommunications (QuEST) Forum.
A new revision (R6) of TL 9000 was released in September 2016. Learn more about the changes and the transition arrangements in the last paragraph below.
What is TL 9000?
TL 9000 is a quality management system standard for design, development, production, delivery, installation and maintenance of telecommunication products, i.e. hardware, software and services.
The standard consists of two parts: The quality management system requirements handbook and the TL 9000 quality management system measurements handbook.
The TL standard includes supplemental requirements to ISO 9001 in the following areas:
- Performance measurements based on the reliability of a product
- Software development and life-cycle management
- Requirements for specialised service functions such as installation and engineering
- Requirements to address communications between telecom network operators and suppliers
- Reporting of quality measurement data to a central repository
TL 9000 registered organisations are required to comply with:
- All requirements clauses of the International Standards ISO 9001
- Telecom-specific requirements that apply to all registrations, including hardware, software and/or service
- Telecom industry measurements that apply in all product categories or that apply to certain product categories specific to hardware, software and/or services
Why certify to the TL 9000 standard?
There are several benefits of certification, such as:
- Enhanced competitive position through improved customer service and satisfaction.
- Demonstrating commitment to product quality and customer value (focus on cycle time reductions, on-time deliveries, return rates, reliability and defect elimination).
- Demonstrating the company’s accountability and focus on continuous improvement.
- Focusing on quality, performance data and results
Where do I go from here?
For certification, you need to implement an effective quality management system complying with the requirements of the standard. DNV GL - Business Assurance is an accredited third party certification body. We provide relevant training and certification.
Changes in TL 9000:2016 (R6) and transition arrangements
There are some substantial changes in the new edition of the requirements handbook. These are mainly due to revised structure and requirements in the ISO 9001:2015-standard, but also a few industry-specific amendments.
Get to know the changes in ISO 9001:2015 and the 2016-edition:
- Learn more about the ISO 9001:2015 – changes
- Changes from Release 5.5 to Release 6.0 (QuEST Forum)
Requirements for the transition can be found in QuEST Forums TL 9000 Information Alert 16-007A.